shotimes

Re: [Shotimes] Poor mileage

To: "shotimes@autox.team.net" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Poor mileage
From: "George Fourchy" <krazgeo@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:06:28 -0700
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:52:33 -0700, Steven W. Riggins wrote:

>Mine is not that bad but dropping fast.  I guess I will take it into
>the beaverton dealer and have them give it a run through.

Let us know what they say before you make any decisions.  I've found that my
local
dealers don't really know how to deal with cars this old anymore....last time my
original (90) SHO was there, it cost me over $400 (5 hours labor) for them to
just
find out what was wrong with it....a sensor had fallen off the engine onto the
hot
EGR line, and its harness had shorted.  They cut the harness so it would run
(with
the light on), and I fixed it myself.  They had to borrow my manuals.

I have to take the 'new' (also 90) SHO there for cruise control
diagnosis....that
ought to be fun!!

George