shotimes

Re: [Shotimes] OT: HID's and Headlight Relays?

To: shotimes <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] OT: HID's and Headlight Relays?
From: "Sean Simons" <sisimons@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 04:06:32 -0700
I ended up wiring a relay for my HID conversion:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565226/2

When I first tried wiring the HIDs to each normal headlight circuit, only
one or the other could be on at once. When trying to run both, one of them
would turn off, until you unplugged the other. I don't know much about
electronics or what exactly was happening (some sort of voltage drop), but
we just powered them through a relay, triggered by one of the headlight
circuits. I left the other circuit open, and just pulled the "lamp out" blub
from the dash.
This way, my headlights get full power straight from the battery.

-Sean