shotimes

[Shotimes] Front suspension re-request--diagram for front tension strut

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Front suspension re-request--diagram for front tension strut
From: jfkoper1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 06:49:50 -0400
A while back I emailed the SHOcommunity about a noise coming from my front
suspension suspension--a metallic clunk or crack that occurred during hard
braking while turning right. Someone e-mailed a solution (diagram) which
discussed the fact that the welds of the liner that surrounds the front tension
strut bushings that go through the front of the frame sometime come fail and
allow that area to rotate. This can cause a metallic-sounding snap which is
felt in the steering wheel and brake pedal.

Anyway, that old e-mail was automatically deleted (thanks, AOL!). If the person
who sent it to me originally sees this message, could you please resend it? I'm
taking it to a shop on Thursday, and a picture would be very helpful. Or if
anyone else knows what the heck I am talking about and has a diagram, send it
my way.

I don't want to be on the track with this noise!

Jim Koper