shotimes

Re: [Shotimes] (OT) steering rack and hoses

To: shotimes@autox.team.net, <shotimes@autox.team.net>(SHOTimes)
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] (OT) steering rack and hoses
From: krazgeo@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:40:13 +0000
From: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>
> I'm replacing the rack on our '83 Mustang.  Forgot to note which hose went
> into each port on the rack.  Is there any special way of identifying which
> hole in the rack is for the pressure line, and which is the return line?

Offhand, I'd suspect the fitting sizes are different, to prevent assembly line
confusion.  I had the rack replaced on Slorider, but it was done at a Goodyear
store.

Back in 2000 when the Wilwood brakes first went on Lowrider, I discovered (the
hard way) that the line fittings are different on left vs. right sides of the
car.  If I had been aware that they were, it would have been a snap...as it
was, I tried to convert the left side fittings to right side types, thinking
the difference was the Wilwood parts.

Duhhhh!!  ;-)

George