[Shop-talk] Gas Pressure Washer problem

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Gas Pressure Washer problem
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 13:40:00 GMT
Full-name: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
I cranked up the old pressure washer this weekend and it ran great, till it
quit. It is an old Karcher G4000SH with low time, less than 50 hours on it. My
wife was washing the deck, she put down the gun to reposition and when she went
to resume it bogged down and quit. I was summoned to restart and find it is
very hard to turn the motor over via the pull cord, I figure there is residual
pressure on the pump so I pulled the trigger on the gun but nothing comes out.
Does this mean no residual pressure or is it a trigger failure?

I am stumped.  Any guidance or ideas?
TIA!