Re: [Shop-talk] Leaf springs replaced - what to do with them?

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Leaf springs replaced - what to do with them?
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:40:40 -0500
On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 8:46 AM old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had not thought about a scrap yard.
>
> I just checked and scrap steel looks like it is about $0.04/pound. I did not
> weigh them yet, but it could be two or three dollars, as you say, beer money.

I took a bunch of scrap metal to the yard a few months ago.  50 or 60
pounds traded for $7.00, in the form of a check.  Wait to get spotted,
wait to unload, wait for the ID check, wait for the receipt, walk
around to the cashier's window to get the check, use the bank app to
deposit it online... I don't think I'd go through all that again for
one beer.  If my time is worth money, then I came out in the red.

Meanwhile, there was a guy there who either has a bar or is a
prodigious drinker.  He had a pickup truck full of bags of aluminum
beer cans.  That was enough to pay for the time and the gas.

>  But then at least I could say I turned gas into beer...  :-)

I turn beer into gas.  So there's that...

-- Jeff