[Shop-talk] Wiper delay fix

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Wiper delay fix
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 12:16:46 -0500 02/10/2023 12:16:53 PM, Serialize complete at 02/10/2023 12:16:53 PM
--===============5344620683113834006==

--=_alternative 005EEB8685258952_=

Friends,

Just a follow up on my jeep wiper delay issue.

I took the wiper 'whisker' (or stalk) off and took it apart (which was an
ordeal itself).  The dial that sets the delay was a microchip, but I
cleaned the variable resistor contacts.
That did nothing.  I purchased a new whisker and put it in. That fixed the
problem.  It was clearly in the resistor/microchip part that was causing
the issue.

I'm guessing part of the contact for the resistor might have been worn so
it couldn't make complete contact.

If anyone has any ideas of 'experiments' to try on it, let me know.  I
have the old one on the 'wall of shame' in the garage.

Thanks again for everyone that gave suggestions.

Moose
--=_alternative 005EEB8685258952_=

issue.</font>
off and took it apart (which was an ordeal itself). &nbsp;The dial that
sets the delay was a microchip, but I cleaned the variable resistor
contacts.</font>
a new whisker and put it in. That fixed the problem. &nbsp;It was clearly
in the resistor/microchip part that was causing the issue.</font>
the resistor might have been worn so it couldn't make complete contact.</font>
to try on it, let me know. &nbsp;I have the old one on the 'wall of shame'
in the garage.</font>
Thanks again for everyone that gave suggestions.</font>

--===============5344620683113834006==--