[Shop-talk] Plow oil

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Plow oil
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:05:51 -0500 11/14/2022 04:05:53 PM, Serialize complete at 11/14/2022 04:05:53 PM

--===============4912480215512395817==

--=_alternative 0073E491852588FA_=

OK, Here is a quick one...

I acquired a used Snow-way plow that needs fluid.  Looking on line, there
are comments from everything that I can use any syth ATF fluid, to only
certain types of ATF (5606 compatible), to AW 32 Hydro oil, or any plow
oil Then of course the manufacture saying to ONLY use "Snow way" plow oil
a ridiculous cost.  Of course some comments also say not to mix oils.

Does anyone have any experience with this?  I don't understand how fluids
got so specific, and how each application and manufacture have a special
oil for each case.

Any help?  Thanks.

Again, this is an older Snow way plow, so it's not like I have any
warrantee issues.

Thanks!

--=_alternative 0073E491852588FA_=

one...</span>
Snow-way plow that needs fluid. &nbsp;Looking on line, there are comments
from everything that I can use any syth ATF fluid, to only certain types
of ATF (5606 compatible), to AW 32 Hydro oil, or any plow oil Then of course
the manufacture saying to ONLY use &quot;Snow way&quot; plow oil a ridiculous
cost. &nbsp;Of course some comments also say not to mix oils.</span>
any experience with this? &nbsp;I don't understand how fluids got so specific,
and how each application and manufacture have a special oil for each
case.</span>
&nbsp;Thanks.</span>
an older Snow way plow, so it's not like I have any warrantee issues.</span>

--===============4912480215512395817==--