[Shop-talk] Old car manuals

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Old car manuals
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net> 6/3EFrfeGO/yTRXjSwsh6B2tZwcK+zrZ3CjFy1wa6uh66/2huPhFbcJFvUvV1iEBUAeHifKHywoNBuH/jY1/cFSHEt1uZ7aYdek=
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 19:02:08 -0400
Authentication-results: cox.net; auth=pass (LOGIN) smtp.auth=jblair1948@cox.net a=fFb8bx/I9shrFqPlEITjOA==:117 a=fFb8bx/I9shrFqPlEITjOA==:17 a=HpEJnUlJZJkA:10 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=kviXuzpPAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=q6SfDYXhAAAA:8 a=_6GpL_ENAAAA:8 a=iVAur8Dain9WPuw0DX4A:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=aav4MXMyVXkA:10 a=4zxjrV59PHAA:10 a=bz_d9vehOyUA:10 a=qrIFiuKZe2vaD64auk6j:22 a=GGGinmgZRQXmVEG1E52S:22 a=R7nWeq4dleIJhz-CJ_3q:22
Hey Gang,

I've had to clean out my old little bedroom/computer room/ham shack to
pull up the carpeting and put down new hard wood floor and baseboard
molding.  In doing this I got ride of 2 desks, one was a very small operating
desk for the ham radio, and the other was a work bench for working on
electronic projects.  That ment I needed a new operating desk.  I built one
out of a solid core interior door, some metal "X" frame legs, and the put a
2" x 12" x 80" shelf on the desk supported by 6 - 12" pipe legs.

In this room I also had 2 5' tall book cases and 2 smaller ones.  I'm
probably going to have to get rid of at least one of the tall ones and one of
the  short ones.

So here's the tie to "shop talk".  I have all kids of old car
manuals, for cars I
no longer own, like my 67 Spitfire shop manual, my '65 Volvo P1800, an old
Glenn's Foreigh Car Repair manual, then many more.  So what should I do
with them?  They would be relatively expensive to ship if I sold them on
eBay.  I don't think my kids will want them.  I am keeping the various
manuals and part catalogues I have the cover my Morgan and Bricklin as I
still own both cars.

I hate to just pitch them out.  What would you do with them if they
were your shop manuals and catalogues?

Also, I'm no spring chicken and ain't getting any younger. :)

John

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    http://autox.team.net/morgan/
Bricklin:     http://www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction