Re: [Shop-talk] Need expertise: External halogen floodlight replacement

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need expertise: External halogen floodlight replacement
From: Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 22:23:34 -0800
Hi.  I've recently done this but cannot see your attachments as shoptalk
scrubbed them away (this might be due to my getting posts in a digest
format).

In my application I replaced a twin quartz fixture with a knuckle
mounted 50W LED rated 4500 lumens and separate motion/light sensor, both
mounted to the existing round box with a new round (threaded hole)
coverplate .  If the sensor you have is to your liking and still works
you can reuse it and just change the light.
https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/electrical/lighting-outdoor/flood-lighting/led-flood-light-50w-4500-lumens-5000k-with-knuckle-mount
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B007HH01X0/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5HXJ6ZFDYTHQ5RJW2QDA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You should be able to make it fit your application;  you might need a
couple of 1/2" pipe fittings to space it away from the box a tad.  (this
is said having not seen the image of your installation).

And: lumens are lumens.  If they are in a spot or more of a flood you
will have different brightness (think lumens per square foot), but if
the light isn't there it just isn't.

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
markmiller@threeboysfarm.com