Re: [Shop-talk] drawer glides

To: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] drawer glides
From: Eric Russell <ejrussell61@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 21:51:03 -0500
Cc: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--000000000000577a8305b9c4baa3

I'm guessing that the drawer half of the guide fits into a dado the length
of the drawer box? This is not a commonly available fitment. If the drawer
box is 1" narrower than the opening in the dresser then it would be easy to
adapt any of the commonly available drawer guides. In that case you might
need to make a filler piece to fill in the dado.

A photo of the drawer guides would help.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 8:51 PM Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kind Lads and Lassies-
>
> I received a 6-drawer danish dresser (3 drawers down, 2 across) from my
> sister, and while it is in good condition, her kids were pretty hard on the
> drawer glides, and they're in need of replacement. Unfortunately, the
> glides have no manufacturer markings of any sort.
>
> The vendor of the dresser (30 years ago) doesn't know where to acquire
> replacement glides, so I ask of this Big Brain Trust - where would one find
> replacements?
>
> These are side-mount glides which mount in a groove in the side of the
> drawer. Ideally, I'd find an exact replacement to these two-piece (plus
> ball-bearings and plastic clip to keep the bearings in place). The 420mm
> outer piece mounts in the drawer, the smaller, 343mm inner glide is mounted
> on the dresser. The height of the glide has been the big challenge, as
> they're about 27mm, though I'm going to get more precise with my measuring
> to be sure).
>
> I've seen what Rockler, Rufkahrs, The Hardware Hut, Cabinet Parts and
> others have on offer, but I'm wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place,
> or if I'm overthinking this. Underthinking is also a distinct possibility.
>
> I supplicate myself to your superior intellect.
>
> -Peter

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

--000000000000577a8305b9c4baa3

to a dado the length of the drawer box? This is not a commonly available fi=
tment. If the drawer box is 1&quot; narrower than the opening in the dresse=
r then it would be easy to adapt any of the commonly available drawer guide=
s. In that case you might need to make a filler piece to fill in the dado.=
br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon,=
 Jan 25, 2021 at 8:51 PM Peter Murray &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:peterwmurray@gm=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rg=
b(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Kind Lads and Lassies-<di=
ross) from my sister, and while it is in good condition, her kids were pret=
ty hard on the drawer glides, and they&#39;re in need of replacement. Unfor=
tunately, the glides have no manufacturer markings of any sort.<div><br></d=
iv><div>The vendor of the dresser (30 years ago) doesn&#39;t know where to =
acquire replacement glides, so I ask of this Big Brain Trust - where would =
 which mount in a groove in the side of the drawer. Ideally, I&#39;d find a=
n exact replacement to these two-piece (plus ball-bearings and plastic clip=
 to keep the bearings in place). The 420mm outer piece mounts in the drawer=
, the smaller, 343mm inner glide is mounted on the dresser. The height of t=
he glide has been the big challenge, as they&#39;re about 27mm, though I&#3=
Parts and others have on offer, but I&#39;m wondering if I&#39;m looking in=
 the=C2=A0wrong place, or if I&#39;m overthinking this. Underthinking is al=
div>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
alk/ejrussell61@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/ejrussell61@gmail.com</a><br>
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Eric Russell<div>Mebane, NC</di=
v></div></div>

--000000000000577a8305b9c4baa3--

--===============8800788784620228248==

--===============8800788784620228248==--