Re: [Shop-talk] Noise cancelling headphones

To: eric@megageek.com, Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Noise cancelling headphones
From: Arvid <arvidj999@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 09:29:24 -0600

--------------14AC4DDDD5A2F41794B24781

Have those.

Not great as just a passive noise reducing headset. Doesn't seal around the
ears as well as I would like.

Not great as a active noise cancelling headset but I am comparing it to my Bose
X aviation headset so the bar is pretty high.

Not great as a stereo headset. I have earbuds that sound better.

Having said all that, I don't know of anything is any better in that price
range. They are reasonably sturdy and the user interface is usable, if not
particularly easy to use with gloves on.

If they ever die I'll get another set rather than spend any time researching
something else.

On 11/13/20 7:46 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I was looking for recommendations for a good noise canceling set of
> headphones with a built in radio (and mp3 player is a plus)
> I prefer normal batteries instead of built in rechargeable ones. Bluetooth
> isn't a consideration as I will most likely never use that.
>
> Here is the leader I found so far...
>
> https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200356514_200356514
>

> Does anyone have an other recommendations?  This will mostly be used when
> cutting grass/ chainsaw / using a wood chipper etc.
>
> I do want to make sure the cushion is soft enough to seal when I am wearing
> eye protection (or is there a better way to wear eyepro when using
> headphones?)
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
> Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?

--------------14AC4DDDD5A2F41794B24781

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      around the ears as well as I would like.</p>
      it to my Bose X aviation headset so the bar is pretty high.</p>
      that price range. They are reasonably sturdy and the user
      interface is usable, if not particularly easy to use with gloves
      on.</p>
      researching something else.<br>
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:eric@megageek.com";>eric@megageek.com</a>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OFA30EE785.13166D4F-ON8525861F.004B0E7B-8525861F.004BA414@mail.megageek.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        for a
        good noise canceling set of headphones with a built in radio
        (and mp3 player
        is a plus)</font>
        of
        built in rechargeable ones. Bluetooth isn't a consideration as I
        will most
        likely never use that.</font>
        far...</font>
      <a
href="https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200356514_200356514";
        moz-do-not-send="true"><font size="2" face="sans-serif"

color="blue">https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200356514_200356514</font></a>
        recommendations?
         This will mostly be used when cutting grass/ chainsaw / using a
        wood
        chipper etc.</font>
        cushion is
        soft enough to seal when I am wearing eye protection (or is
        there a better
        way to wear eyepro when using headphones?)</font>
        Thanks in advance.</font>
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson <br>
        -Who is John Galt?</font>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"