[Shop-talk] Offset handle cutting tools

To: shop-talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net> definitions=2020-11-08_07:2020-11-05, 2020-11-08 signatures=0 suspectscore=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=71 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=71 mlxlogscore=-37 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2006250000 definitions=main-2011080122
Subject: [Shop-talk] Offset handle cutting tools
From: Thomas Coradeschi <tjcora@icloud.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 12:02:50 -0500
All: I am in the process of adding foam insulation to the band joist (in the
joist bays) in my basement. The joists are laminated I-beams, so I am cutting
rectangular blocks of 2â?? foam, and using low expansion foam to fill the gaps
and air seal it all.

Even with the low E foam, it still ends up oozing out of the gaps, and looks
pretty cheesy, according to the homeowner. It cleans up nicely with a single
edge razor blade, but my knuckles will be a bloody mess (there is a total of
about 150â?? of perimeter) if I canâ??t find a way to trim flush with something
other than the standard blade holder.

So, I am looking for a holder for either single edge razor blades or drywall
knife blades which allows me to trim flush with some sort of an offset handle.
Iâ??ve look at the box store and Grainger websites, nothing to be found there.

Hoping someone has some ideas!

Thanks...

Tom Coradeschi
tjcora@icloud.com