Re: [Shop-talk] software

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] software
From: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 16:07:11 -0400
LibreOffice (libreoffice.org) is what I use daily and have been for almost the
past decade (when it forked from OpenOffice, which I had been using the decade
before that).

Aside from some formatting differences, a Microsoft file will open in
LibreOffice; files produced in LibreOffice will open in Microsoft's software.
LibreOffice exports to .pdf format.

Don't use OpenOffice; it has had security issues and a lack of development over
the past 5 years or so, and a new version hasn't been released in over a year
(one sign that it heading for irrelevance).

John New
London, Ontario, Canada