Re: [Shop-talk] Looking to buy a compressor

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net definitions=2020-08-08_07:2020-08-06, 2020-08-08 signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=662 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2004280000 definitions=main-2008080118
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Looking to buy a compressor
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw360@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 08:44:53 -0700
Well, I think Iâ??ve narrowed the candidates.  I dropped the Ingersoll Rand
after Miq sent me a YouTube video from a guy that has two motors fail, and more
Googling seemed to indicate this is a common problem.

Iâ??ve replaced the top end of the pool with the Quincy QT54.  Almost every
review on this is positive, and it is more compressor than Iâ??ll ever need.
It is about double the Kobalt in price, which isnâ??t that much of a deal for
me, but it does weigh in at 475 lbs, so Iâ??m not sure I could wrestle it into
place.

I think it will be between that one and the Kobalt from Lowes.  The Kobalt
should be plenty of air for my needs, but reviews are mixed, and apparently
customer service is awful.

BTW, this is replacing a Craftsman 12 gallon, advertised at 3 HP, but being a
110V unit, that seems optimistic at best.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L