Re: [Shop-talk] Annealing Copper bars

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Annealing Copper bars
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 07:58:55 -0700
Could be (the plot thickens):

"Annealing copper makes it softer and less brittle, which allows you to
bend it without breaking it. This malleability allows you to hammer and
mold the copper into any shape you wish without cracking the metal. You
can anneal any grade and thickness of copper as long as you have a flame
that can transmit enough heat to the metal. The most straightforward way
to anneal copper is by heating it with an oxygen acetylene torch and
rapidly cooling it in water."

https://www.wikihow.com/Anneal-Copper