Re: [Shop-talk] Piston Rings Pliers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Piston Rings Pliers
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 20:27:36 -0700

--------------F2BA4FFC8FC1CE0B1023A563

I got a fiver says the O'Reilly set is made in China. I paid good money
for a Lisle brake tubing bender and, well, you know.

On 7/31/2020 5:44 PM, Peter Murray wrote:
> Most auto-parts places should have them for about $10. My local
> O'Reily's has them for $9.99. No waiting for shipping, and you're more
> likely to get an actual one, and not a Chinese knockoff!
>
> Jeff, I'm sure what Pat suggests will work with the LS you're
> installing in the Spitfire. Should be a hoot when finished!
>
> -Peter
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 6:37 PM Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com
>
>     Thanks for posting your question so THATSwhat those pliers are in
>     my tool chest! I havenâ??t used them yet but am starting an engine
>     rebuild coming up.
>
>     As to which to buy, Iâ??d go with the Lisle 33500 on eBay for $10.
>     USA made.
>
>     Peace,
>     Pat
>
>     Pat Horne
>     We support Habitat for Humanity
>

>     On Jul 31, 2020, at 5:20 PM, Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com
>

>     Assembling my Spitfire engine.  Bought quality piston rings, so I
>     figure I ought to use the proper tools to install them. Anything
>     magic about them, or will any $10 pair from Amazon work just fine?

--------------F2BA4FFC8FC1CE0B1023A563

  <head>
  </head>
    I got a fiver says the O'Reilly set is made in China. I paid good
    money for a Lisle brake tubing bender and, well, you know.<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAJ8HLP9hyQpbT0MT89HggSawvK6z=WNt0=cc4DpXHsA5+T8vaA@mail.gmail.com">
        $10. My local O'Reily's has them for $9.99. No waiting for
        shipping, and you're more likely to get an actual one, and not a
        Chinese knockoff!
          you're installing in the Spitfire. Should be a hoot when
          finished!</div>
          PM Pat Horne &lt;<a href="mailto:patintexas@icloud.com";
            moz-do-not-send="true">patintexas@icloud.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Thanks
          for posting your question so THATSwhat those pliers are in my
          tool chest! I havenâ??t used them yet but am starting an engine
          rebuild coming up. <br>
          As to which to buy, Iâ??d go with the Lisle 33500 on eBay for
          $10. USA made. <br>
          Peace,<br>
          Pat<br>
          Pat Horne <br>
          We support Habitat for Humanity<br>
          On Jul 31, 2020, at 5:20 PM, Jeff Scarbrough &lt;<a
            href="mailto:fishplate@gmail.com"; target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">fishplate@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
          Assembling my Spitfire engine.  Bought quality piston rings,
          so I figure I ought to use the proper tools to install them.
          Anything magic about them, or will any $10 pair from Amazon
          work just fine?<br>

--------------F2BA4FFC8FC1CE0B1023A563--

--===============8535645011070375511==

--===============8535645011070375511==--