Re: [Shop-talk] Ratchet rebuilding WAS Socket marking? (and a quick 'why

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net> type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ratchet rebuilding WAS Socket marking? (and a quick 'why?)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 04:17:07 -0400 07/28/2020 04:17:11 AM, Serialize complete at 07/28/2020 04:17:11 AM
--===============7878003302368236709==

--=_alternative 002D84DB852585B3_=

Jeff Writes,

>And, in fact, policies like that may have had something to do with it.

Actually, I think it was the fact that their quality really tanked, and a
LOT more tools needed to be replaced, then they stopped the 'easy, no
questions asked' return policy that did them in.

On more than one occasion, I was told that they couldn't rebuild a ratchet
at the store and needed to send it back to a repair facility and it would
take a few weeks to get it back. NO WAY am I leaving the store with a
ratchet only to wait a few weeks to see if they can fix it.

Then I had a box wrench that had a 3/4 on one side and 5/8 on the other.
It bent (not being abused) and they told me they don't have that wrench
any more, but I could pick ONE of the sizes to replace it with.  So I
would have to leave my wrench and get one size only, leaving me without
the other size.

That was the day I stopped buying anything Craftsman.

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 002D84DB852585B3_=

policies like that may have had something to do with it.</font>
their quality really tanked, and a LOT more tools needed to be replaced,
then they stopped the 'easy, no questions asked' return policy that did
them in.</font>
that they couldn't rebuild a ratchet at the store and needed to send it
back to a repair facility and it would take a few weeks to get it back.
NO WAY am I leaving the store with a ratchet only to wait a few weeks to
see if they can fix it.</font>
on one side and 5/8 on the other. &nbsp;It bent (not being abused) and
they told me they don't have that wrench any more, but I could pick ONE
of the sizes to replace it with. &nbsp;So I would have to leave my wrench
and get one size only, leaving me without the other size.</font>
Craftsman.</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============7878003302368236709==--