Re: [Shop-talk] On to wrenches

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] On to wrenches
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 11:21:03 -0400
On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 11:08 AM Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com> wrote:

> I do a hybrid between "junk drawer" and "organized"...  I use a couple
> organizers for my 'main' metric and standard wrench drawers, then have
> another drawer for each that's just got 'other wrenches' thrown in.

Back when I was a professional schmieraffe, I had a very organized
tool box.  Time was money, and so it was important that I could find
any tool quickly, often without looking, and at the end of each job, I
could scan the toolbox and make sure they were all in place, and not
in the engine compartment of a 1973 VW Bus (bye-bye, 22mm wrench!).

Nowadays, I have a lot more tools in the same space, so they'd got
like Mark's.  I picked up a nice Craftsman top box, and used it to
spread out the most-used tools so once again I can find what I need,
mostly, as soon as I can remember which draw is the screwdriver
drawer, and which is pliers.

Unfortunately, the top box is wider than my Mac bottom box by a few
inches, so it looks odd.  No more deals on a box that's the same
quality as the top box...   and so it goes...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.