Re: [Shop-talk] audio system inquiry

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] audio system inquiry
From: Ian McFetridge <shop-talk2@mcfetridge.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 13:42:28 -0400
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--0000000000007fa50405aae308df

The below link might be helpful as I think a big issue would be feedback
when Group A is speaking and another noise gets amplified (maybe group B,
HVAC, nearby people, etc.).  You would use a Polycom (or equivalent) for
each group and the "acoustic fence" technology to avoid feedback and get
clear amplification of voices.  I believe it can be setup as two IP phones
on one portable switch, so self-contained.  I don't work for them, but I
remembered looking at this tech a few years ago (we went with Ci$co, which
I would not recommend for this use).

https://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/whitepapers/wainhouse-research-evaluation-of-polycoms-noise-reduction-features-enus.pdf

Best,
Ian

--0000000000007fa50405aae308df

e would be feedback when Group A is speaking and another noise gets amplifi=
ed (maybe group B, HVAC, nearby people, etc.).=C2=A0 You would use a Polyco=
m (or equivalent) for each group and the &quot;acoustic fence&quot; technol=
ogy to avoid feedback and get clear amplification of voices.=C2=A0 I believ=
e=C2=A0it can be setup as two IP phones on one portable switch, so self-con=
tained.=C2=A0 I don&#39;t work for them, but I remembered looking at this t=
ech a few years ago (we went with Ci$co, which I would not recommend for th=
tps://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/whitepapers/wain=
house-research-evaluation-of-polycoms-noise-reduction-features-enus.pdf">ht=
tps://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/whitepapers/wain=
house-research-evaluation-of-polycoms-noise-reduction-features-enus.pdf</a>=
div></div>

--0000000000007fa50405aae308df--

--===============7110372776093459757==

--===============7110372776093459757==--