[Shop-talk] Rock Auto - I actually like them a lot

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Rock Auto - I actually like them a lot
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 07:51:44 -0700

--0000000000001c791c05aaa44ea3

Hi guys,

I have found Rock Auto to be my preferred online vendor for many/most
maintenance parts (filters, gaskets, etc.).

They have very low prices, a great selection, and often provide multiple
levels of quality, different manufacturers, and oftentimes the manufacturer
origin.

You can compare a Delco product to a Borg Warner, a replacement grade
versus HD, performance or "police grade," for the same part.

If you look at rear main seals for GM 4.3L V6, there are a dozen different
options, all at lower prices than what others have.

I have been able to source oil filter from them for my 1972 BSA with a
Norton external oil filter (one that takes an element from a Citroen).

The problem gets when you are ordering different parts that are shipping
from different originations, the shipping can add up, and as some else
said, just call them or message them and they will help out.

I usually buy 6 filters, or a dozen bulbs at a time, for example, to take
advantage of the low cost and bulk shipping.

Rock Auto has saved me a great deal of money over the years and has enabled
me to obtain higher quality, and USA made products, when I otherwise would
not have been able to do so.

Someone else mentioned Summit Racing, who I like very much, too,
particularly for aftermarket and performance items.

I highly recommend Rock Auto to my friends, particularly for bulk purchases
of maintenance parts.

best,

doug

--0000000000001c791c05aaa44ea3

be my preferred online vendor for many/most maintenance parts (filters, gas=
eat selection, and often provide multiple levels of quality, different manu=
facturers, and oftentimes=C2=A0the manufacturer origin.=C2=A0</div><div><br=
=C2=A0grade versus HD, performance or &quot;police grade,&quot; for the sam=
 V6, there are a dozen different options, all at lower=C2=A0prices than wha=
er from them for my 1972 BSA with a Norton external oil filter (one that ta=
hen you are ordering different parts that are shipping from different origi=
nations, the shipping can add up, and as some else said, just call them or =
 6 filters, or a dozen bulbs at a time, for example, to take advantage of t=
 me a great deal of money over the years and has enabled me to obtain highe=
r quality, and USA made products, when I otherwise would not have been able=
ng, who I like very much, too, particularly for aftermarket and performance=
iends,=C2=A0particularly for bulk purchases of maintenance parts.</div><div=

--0000000000001c791c05aaa44ea3--

--===============4602269190619501254==

--===============4602269190619501254==--