[Shop-talk] Frigidaire window AC fan short cycling

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Frigidaire window AC fan short cycling
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 14:35:18 -0400
I have a friend's used window AC. It runs great until the room is cool, then
the fan starts to short cycle. The compressor operates normally. All the
googlling gives me answers for a cycling compressor.

Is there a thermostat or overheat switch that would affect the fan? Sometimes
it runs for 3 seconds, sometimes 30, sometimes a few minutes. I'd like the fan
to run continuously so it a) works to cool the whole house and b) doesn't annoy
the ^&#%$&%^ out of me. It does have an Eco mode but I'm not on that, I'm on
regular cool.

I don't see a model number but I'm guessing it's roughly 10,000 BTU, maybe a
bit more.

thanks,
jim