Re: [Shop-talk] Shipping a gearbox

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shipping a gearbox
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:14:12 -0400 06/02/2020 10:14:14 AM, Serialize complete at 06/02/2020 10:14:14 AM
--===============6467734371700647974==

--=_alternative 004E35658525857B_=

>Neil ask about shipping a gearbox.

I'm not sure what size you are talking about, but here are some ideas.

Anything over 75 or 80 lbs should be palletized.  You can make a pallet
just larger than the unit.

I simple way to do it is to find a hard sized box (wood or metal.)  then
bolt the gearbox to the pallet and the box. Go from the bottom of the top
layer of the pallet, through the box's floor, and into mount points on the
gearbox.

I hope this makes sense.  I would also cut out some cardboard pryrminds to
tape to the top so then don't stack other items on top.

Let me know if you have any other quesitons.

Thanks

Mule

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?

--=_alternative 004E35658525857B_=

about, but here are some ideas.</font>
palletized. &nbsp;You can make a pallet just larger than the unit.</font>
sized box (wood or metal.) &nbsp;then bolt the gearbox to the pallet and
the box. Go from the bottom of the top layer of the pallet, through the
box's floor, and into mount points on the gearbox.</font>
also cut out some cardboard pryrminds to tape to the top so then don't
stack other items on top.</font>
quesitons.</font>
Thanks</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============6467734371700647974==--