Re: [Shop-talk] favorite tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] favorite tools
From: Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 16:27:45 -0700
I have become a fan of oscillating cutting tools.  Bought a $15 harbor
freight one and liked it instantly.  It changes the way I do various
jobs simply because it is a new and better option. Cutting in electrical
boxes, cutting PVC (I rarely measure: cut, try it, cut again). And then
I learned about the Bosch carbide blades that fit it and it was one of
those clouds part and birds begin singing moment.   So much better to
use.  Cut through nails, they last way longer, all those good things.  I
then upgraded to a Milwaukee cordless one and life got even better.

That is a good path for buying tools for me.  Buy something cheap or
used to see if I like it, then improve on it.  As an added bonus you
still have the cheap one if someone wants to borrow a tool.

But my favorite tools are the ones I inherited from my father. Best is
the 3 foot long ridgid bolt cutters. After 15 years I still smile every
time I use them, knowing he probably said many of the same things I was
saying right then to rebar and bolts 40 or 50 years earlier..

--
Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
markmiller@threeboysfarm.com