Re: [Shop-talk] Question about shop pants?

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net mail.megageek.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Question about shop pants?
From: Richard Beels via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 11:33:54 -0400
+1 for the carhart carpenter pants.  i just lost my last pair when
the ER nurses cut them off me a few weeks ago.  I was stupid: fell 12
feet and broke my pelvis is a few places.  I bought a few pairs on
sale from don't remember where but they are a buy once cry once kind
of price.  but i'll be buying them again.

They lasted 2-3 years for me - garage stuff, welding, digging
trenches, logging, construction, etc...  - not all day every day use,
say, maybe 25-30 hours per week - but they hold up really well.  I
cut the bottom hem off since I use them in the woods and they don't
fall apart like other jeans do.  And I have the same problem with the
crotch wearing out on jeans, but these don't have that problem..

At 05/10/2020 at 06:53, Shakespearean monkeys danced on eric--- via
Shop-talk's keyboard and said:
>OK, I have to ask what most of you hard working shop guy wear for pants?
>
>No, this isn't a dirty question.  It's just that I burn through shop
>pants fairly quickly.  They mostly rip in the crotch long before
>they are worn out completely.
>
>I switched to Duluth fire hose pants and they seem to be a little
>better, but still not great, and I notice their "No Bull" guarantee
>has changed a lot and isn't so 'no bullish' anymore.
>
>I was wondering what other may have found.
>
>Note, in the past I also purchased the 'pants by the pound'
>option.  These were cheap pants that were part of a uniform service
>company that can no longer be used by them.  They were cheap, but
>light duty only.
>
>My Army pants work and last pretty well, but they aren't really good
>for welding and such.
>
>Anyone know of any good alternatives?
>
>Thanks

Cheers!