Re: [Shop-talk] Paint sprayers

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Paint sprayers
From: "sentenac.rw--- via Shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 12:27:37 -0700
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
If you haven't bought automotive paint in the last decade or two
you're in for a shock.  They're going to make the price of a new hvlp
gun look reasonable, especially if it will help you save a significant
proportion of the paint cost.

If you care about rust resistance you are going to want a layer of
epoxy primer under the top coats.  Top coat will probably be a single
stage acrylic enamel because you don't want to be working with
hardened urethane paints that require an air supply (and hood) for you
as well as one for the gun.  A good respirator will keep you alive
while spraying epoxy and the enamel.  It won't protect your lungs from
cyanoacrylates.

Have fun painting.

-Roland