[Shop-talk] Quick note on list archives

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
From: Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 22:57:15 -0600
For a while now the search function in the mharc archives has been
broken.  It has been ignoring any emails added in the last few years.
I'm working on that, have it mostly fixed, getting ancient perl scripts
and such to work with current versions of software can be troublesome.
    Back in my sys admin days when I was doing perl on a daily basis,
stuff like this:

$uri =~ s/%%/\34/g;
$uri =~ s/%{?([a-z]+)}?/$param{$1}/g;
$uri =~ s/\34/%/g;

was easy to read, like See Spot.  See Spot run.  Run, Spot, run!
Nowadays, not so much.

Anyway, when using http://autox.team.net/archive the search function
should now return more recent results.

mjb.