Re: [Shop-talk] solar battery maintainer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net DODK8bGjBeuu5b0HC7B220MdIqnHD1+EmmrGNTjywrFS4DV5kJ9NMCzUzllRQ7F1iKVnBq+BnDBwIQ==
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] solar battery maintainer
From: neiljsherry--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 22:17:43 +0100

------AGQBJ62JFFQPPDZFWQAVTLCEA9HGK0
 charset=utf-8

Could you have an external battery for jump starting and use the quick conn=
ector as used on race cars, suitably concealed?

On 6 April 2020 20:37:44 BST, Robert Nogueirao via Shop-talk <shop-talk@au=
tox=2Eteam=2Enet> wrote:
>Thanks guys, for the good advise and insight=2E  Removing the battery is
>out as it is factory mounted under the seat, which requires removing
>the seat to access, and removing the seat requires removing the the
>interior panels ( what that about German engineering? )=2E
>My basic problem is the the battery is a small Lawn mower size battery
>needed  to fit in the hole for the battery, while the starter is a
>Dynastart which means no gear reduction between the started motor and
>engine, so it take a big draw to get it to turn the engine=2E if the
>battery is fully charged no problem, but if it is down just a bit you
>get one shot at starting then just solenoid clicks=2E  This is compounded
>by the fact that after starting the starter motor switch to being a
>generator alas a poor one at maybe 10 amps=2E So the solar
>charger-maintainer looks to be  my only practical option=2E
>Again that=E2=80=99s for the insights and advise=2E
>Bob   ( not quite as odd as his cars)
>
>> On Apr 6, 2020, at 12:27 AM, rwil--- via Shop-talk
><shop-talk@autox=2Eteam=2Enet> wrote:
>>=20
>> expensive=2E =20
>>=20
>> A check of purchasers' ratings can sometimes give you an idea if a
>> particular panel tends to overcharge unless it is disconnected at the
>> right time=2E
=2Enet

--=20
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail=2E Please excuse my brevity=2E
------AGQBJ62JFFQPPDZFWQAVTLCEA9HGK0
 charset=utf-8

ng and use the quick connector as used on race cars, suitably concealed?<br=
rao via Shop-talk &lt;shop-talk@autox=2Eteam=2Enet&gt; wrote:<blockquote cl=
ass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8ex; border-left: 1px =
solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
<pre class=3D"k9mail">Thanks guys, for the good advise and insight=2E  Rem=
oving the battery is out as it is factory mounted under the seat, which req=
uires removing the seat to access, and removing the seat requires removing =
the the interior panels ( what that about German engineering? )=2E<br>My ba=
sic problem is the the battery is a small Lawn mower size battery needed  t=
o fit in the hole for the battery, while the starter is a Dynastart which m=
eans no gear reduction between the started motor and engine, so it take a b=
ig draw to get it to turn the engine=2E if the battery is fully charged no =
problem, but if it is down just a bit you get one shot at starting then jus=
t solenoid clicks=2E  This is compounded by the fact that after starting th=
e starter motor switch to being a generator alas a poor one at maybe 10 amp=
s=2E So the solar charger-maintainer looks to be  my only practical option=
=2E<br>Again that=E2=80=99s for the insights and advise=2E<br>Bob   ( not q=
uite as odd as his cars)<br><br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"=
margin: 0pt 0pt 1ex 0=2E8ex; border-left: 1px solid #729fcf; padding-left: =
1ex;">On Apr 6, 2020, at 12:27 AM, rwil--- via Shop-talk &lt;shop-talk@auto=
s' ratings can sometimes give you an idea if a<br>particular panel tends to=
 overcharge unless it is disconnected at the<br>right time=2E<br></blockquo=
te><hr>Shop-talk@autox=2Eteam=2Enet<br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www=2Eteam=
=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml">http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml</a><br>Suggeste=
d annual donation  $12=2E96<br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/=
pipermail/shop-talk">http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a hre=