Re: [Shop-talk] Adding a tube into aluminum manifold

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net> definitions=2019-09-16_07:, , signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1011 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=965 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-1812120000 definitions=main-1909160175
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Adding a tube into aluminum manifold
From: Darrell Walker via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:47:49 -0700
Cc: Steven Trovato via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.  Is propane or MAP gas enough heat for those rods?

I forgot to mention, the pipe is 5/8â??.  I could drop down to 1/2â?? (thatâ??s
what I was going to do in the copper, then up to 5/8â?? with a brass hose
barf).  But since Iâ??m brazing it, would straight threads be OK?  Technically,
there is a 5/8â?? NPT size defined, but Iâ??ve not found any taps or dies in
that size.

-Darrell