Re: [Shop-talk] Tool Question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tool Question
From: "Peter J. Thomas via Shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 09:11:38 -0400
If you haven't rounded the bolt too much with the 12 point and slipping
is more because of the awkward location, my favorite trick is putting
the wrench on the bolt and lightly tapping the wrench, even a couple
tightening taps.  This is a makeshift impact and impact often works
better than penetrating oil.

On 9/10/2019 2:23 PM, Matt via Shop-talk wrote:
> I have a seized bolt I am trying to loosen without breaking and it is
> in a hard to reach location.
> I can't get a socket on it and the 12 point box wrench I am using is
> slipping off.
> I am having trouble locating a 6 point wrench  (10mm by the way).
> QUESTION:
> What is your experience with the roller based wrenches that are
> marketed as "no slip" and well suited to partially rounded fasteners?

utox.team.net