Re: [Shop-talk] alternate use for PEX fittings

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] alternate use for PEX fittings
From: John Miller via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:12:26 -0700
> which is gonna work with one exception... I'm having to reduce from 5/8"
> tube to 1/2" and add an adapter.

Any way you could braze/solder/TIG as appropriate the reducer to the
5/8in outlet to cut down on the number of hoses/tubes/clamped joints?

> Iâ??m looking at the Oeitker clamps since they seem more robust than the
> standard single crimp Home Depot variety

I use Oetiker clamps all over the place on everything that doesn't need
to be readily separable.  I use them on air hoses, hell I use them on
backyard garden hoses.  On 40+PSI EFI systems I generally use two per
connection just for the hell of it.

Use where possible the smooth-band type with the tongue inside that
fully surrounds the tube.   The one downside of Oetikers is that if you
use them regularly you have a whole drawer of little bins full of
different sizes because the clamping range for each size is not very broad.

Oh, and get some real clamping pliers...

John.