Re: [Shop-talk] Rubber bungee cords

To: eric@megageek.com, eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, Shop-talk@autox.team.net EPrIc6dW6QVVtCAST5z6j5+K+LZVgy0zGwG/4waZfr0/CSmPjFwXEdarAnbGUCL0OEe5UlZGgiz2Vur1T4+S76kmgaVf6x/nsUBnn3L0aeP2e8o5SmNLRLGV 7Bw7E2c8ur0knjAp5sIlEg==
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Rubber bungee cords
From: Randall via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:01:11 -0600

------W2Q5BBDXYORLYYNRL2M7V9J9IW2UZ8
 charset=utf-8

Coating them with silicone spray once or twice a year should help preserve =
them=2E It won't repair a myth ng of course, but should slow down the damag=
e=2E
I think they last slightly longer when not under tension, but maybe that's=
 just because its hard to tell how bad they are :)

You can buy round bungee cord by the foot, and make your own custom length=
 if you want=2E Might need to double up to get the strength you need, but I=
 believe the cord comes in various diameters=2E
-- Randall

On 12 June 2019 15:30:55 GMT-06:00, eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox=
=2Eteam=2Enet> wrote:
>Here is a quick question,  is there anyway to prolong the life of one
>of=20
>those common black rubber bungee cords?
>
>My wood processor has custom made ones that dry rotted after about 5
>years=20
>of indoor storage=2E  They aren't expensive, but it's a pain to have to=
=20
>order them=2E
>
>Is there something I can put on them (an oil or silicone or something)
>to=20
>prevent them from dry rotting?  Also, should I leave them without
>tension=20
>when not in use?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help=2E
>

>Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem=2E
>Tech Viper
>"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
>rational=20
>being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory=2E" Ralph=
=20
>Waldo Emerson=20
>-Who is John Galt?

------W2Q5BBDXYORLYYNRL2M7V9J9IW2UZ8
 charset=utf-8

ear should help preserve them=2E It won't repair a myth ng of course, but s=
hould slow down the damage=2E<br>I think they last slightly longer when not=
 under tension, but maybe that's just because its hard to tell how bad they=
 are :)<br><br>You can buy round bungee cord by the foot, and make your own=
 custom length if you want=2E Might need to double up to get the strength y=
ou need, but I believe the cord comes in various diameters=2E<br>-- Randall=
--- via Shop-talk &lt;shop-talk@autox=2Eteam=2Enet&gt; wrote:<blockquote cl=
ass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8ex; border-left: 1px =
solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
ere
anyway to prolong the life of one of those common black rubber bungee cord=
s?</font>
 ones
that dry rotted after about 5 years of indoor storage=2E &nbsp;They aren't
expensive, but it's a pain to have to order them=2E</font>
hem
(an oil or silicone or something) to prevent them from dry rotting? &nbsp;=
Also,
should I leave them without tension when not in use?</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem=2E<br>
Tech Viper<br>
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory=2E" Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
------W2Q5BBDXYORLYYNRL2M7V9J9IW2UZ8--

--===============2257787825220090322==

--===============2257787825220090322==--