Re: [Shop-talk] 4 post lift for dually with dump bed

To: eric@megageek.com, Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 4 post lift for dually with dump bed
From: Brian Kemp via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 17:06:16 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=BMatMLVQdQ3IgqZL/oNfVkQvjG/xp3tLMjqpxccurq+8seNM4kFkcWej3uEMuG67PRN7huDAVFtwxI0N+lP+YjlE3d1f4ZTEzdqaJc4eDIoHmuKOG9EmbZWDnH6cRcE4RHrU8mZIGuwJuwucVR9KghjW2X7CqvElGGqbvkHHytNmv00e6ukNChebnqxu8ooUmZP8125R/pHG3P5PvKWFQtUEPC5xZ8ObuxTAUSv2RYchTEEJfW/OP5UZbpJ7JHLO/PE3FrPWJBswRLgef8HJo04/QVXL4eqnpihM+WDpjegUF9Iw4ipZI+youT0AZ4ccSuHwtj8L4K5lp6VCVrQeig==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;

--------------001386FCAADDEDBC257FC4DF

Eric - With all your projects, have you considered a walk-in pit?  I
believe a typical hole in the ground pit is now frowned upon, but if you
have part of your property with enough slope, you could make it so you
drive in at the top and walk in at the bottom.  If there is no actual
pit, there should be no danger of fluid or gas buildup.

They you could drive anything you have over it.

Brian

On 3/27/2019 6:43 AM, eric--- via Shop-talk wrote:
> OK, so now I have this monster of a truck with a dually rear end and a
> dump bed.  Most of the garages in the areas can't fit it on their lift
> (I can't fit it on mine either.)
>
> So I was thinking about getting a 4 post lift to work on this thing.
>  Anyone have any experiences with one that will lift a large truck
> (F350 superduty with 9' dump bed)?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
> Tech Viper
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?

--------------001386FCAADDEDBC257FC4DF

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
    Eric - With all your projects, have you considered a walk-in pit?  I
    believe a typical hole in the ground pit is now frowned upon, but if
    you have part of your property with enough slope, you could make it
    so you drive in at the top and walk in at the bottom.  If there is
    no actual pit, there should be no danger of fluid or gas buildup.<br>
    They you could drive anything you have over it.<br>
    Brian<br>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OF7F7252F0.9247C51F-ON852583CA.004B191C-852583CA.004B5E9C@mail.megageek.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        a truck
        with a dually rear end and a dump bed.  Most of the garages in
        the
        areas can't fit it on their lift (I can't fit it on mine
        either.)</font>
        4
        post lift to work on this thing.  Anyone have any experiences
        with
        one that will lift a large truck (F350 superduty with 9' dump
        bed)?</font>
        Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
        Tech Viper<br>
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson <br>
        -Who is John Galt?</font>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"