Re: [Shop-talk] Shop-talk Digest, Vol 13, Issue 24

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop-talk Digest, Vol 13, Issue 24
From: Mark Miller via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 22:27:33 -0800
Late to the game but:

the cap that blew was on the input (connected to pin 1, leftmost in your
image), so I would guess there was a voltage surge that came in and took
out the cap and possibly the regulator (but my guess is the regulator is
probably fine - they are pretty tough).

Change them both and give it a try, worth the few $$s it will cost.
Parts are quick and easy to get from either Digikey or Mouser.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/texas-instruments/LM7805CT-NOPB/296-47192-ND/3901929
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/kemet/T350E106K025AS7301/399-11360-1-ND/4552871

(be careful to gt the polarity right with the cap or they go off like a
.22).

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
markmiller@threeboysfarm.com

On 2/23/2019 7:12 AM, shop-talk-request@autox.team.net wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>     1. Help identifying a chip (Battmain)

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 05:07:29 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Shop-talk] Help identifying a chip
>
> Finally got around to installing an amplified speaker I had sitting around
> for years.? It was supposed to be a simple install, but looks like I fried
> something in the haste.?
> I already picked up the capacitor in the picture,? but I think the regulator
> might be fried also based on the burn marks.Seems there are different models
> of that regulator.? The amp is in a 12v application.? Anybody have any ideas
> as to what model regulator it is? (or what I could substitute it with? Will
> be getting it from that auction site. :) )?Picture in the link...(that's the
> best I could get)?https://i.imgur.com/FIfJA4O.jpg
> I figure if I throw $5 at it in parts, it wouldn't hurt to try.?
>
> Brian

---