Re: [Shop-talk] How to change a light bulb

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>,shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to change a light bulb
From: Steven Trovato via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:31:48 -0500
OK, so I am not convinced that it's the bulbs.  Maybe it
is.  Obviously I can't tell from here.  But two light fixtures both
not working make me suspect that there is a switch or breaker or
something that you don't know about.  For "commercial-esque"
fixtures, they may be mercury or sodium vapor.  They may not come on
instantly.  There may also be a photo sensor, so make sure you are
doing your testing after dark.  It would piss me off to hire someone
or rent equipment only to find that I didn't have the right switch turned on.

-Steve

At 10:48 PM 2/14/2019, Scott Hall via Shop-talk wrote:
>I keep thinking there's a joke in there and I just can't find it.
>
>New house has two...commercial-esque light fixtures pointing out
>over the back yard. They don't work and I assume it's the bulbs
>because I had to switch all the other bulbs in this house, so why
>not those too? Plus they're probably expensive (so the previous
>owner wouldn't have wanted to do it), and (the real reason for my question):

---

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk