Re: [Shop-talk] cove (or 'dish') style cut on a piece of wood.

To: "shop-talk@autox. team. net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] cove (or 'dish') style cut on a piece of wood.
From: Karl Vacek via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:44:13 -0600
I replied long ago when this first came up.  If you have a radial arm saw
it's simple.  Clamp the workpiece in place under the blade, lock the
carriage in the proper location, start the saw, lower the blade to the
desired depth, unlock the carriage swivel, and rotate the carriage slowly
to form the bowl.  This method is limited to the radius of the available
blades.  You could also get fancy and, once the bowl is formed, lock the
carriage swivel and move the blade along the arm to make an oval, locking
and spinning the carriage again when you get the oval as long as you want.