Re: [Shop-talk] really dumb question

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] really dumb question
From: eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 08:07:49 -0500 01/28/2019 08:07:55 AM, Serialize complete at 01/28/2019 08:07:55 AM
--===============5753478418909712982==

--=_alternative 00481E4B85258390_=

Tim asks> Do they go out all of a sudden or are there symptoms that lead
up to it?

Couple of things I have seen (and I am NOT a professional mechanic, nor do
I play one on TV, nor did I stay in a Howard Johnson's last night, heck, I
normally have problems dressing myself in the morning)  but most of the
failures are leaks from the seals.  These are easy to detect.

They would normally go slowly, unless it is a result of a specific event.
I have noticed that more modern cars seem to have less problems with them.
 I think overall they improved design/reliability on them.

So, the questions I would ask are...

-How old is the car?
-What symptoms are you seeing?
-Why do you think it's having an issue?
-Are you leaking any fluid, or is the reservoir low?
Oh, and I have a monopoly on the dumb questions here, don't try to take my
thing!   8>)

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 00481E4B85258390_=

face="Calibri">Do
they go out all of a sudden or are there symptoms that lead up to it?</font>
am NOT a professional mechanic, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I stay
in a Howard Johnson's last night, heck, I normally have problems dressing
myself in the morning) &nbsp;but most of the failures are leaks from the
seals. &nbsp;These are easy to detect. &nbsp;</font>
it is a result of a specific event. &nbsp;I have noticed that more modern
cars seem to have less problems with them. &nbsp;I think overall they improved
design/reliability on them.</font>
issue?</font>
reservoir low?</font>
questions here, don't try to take my thing! &nbsp; 8&gt;)</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============5753478418909712982==--