Re: [Shop-talk] installing a gas stove

To: "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] installing a gas stove
From: Scott Hall via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 21:59:27 -0600
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--000000000000def2ec058068964e

Tim,

It's got to be a local code thing. My house in Illinois had a gas stove and
its hood did not vent to the outside. So it's not a national thing.

You might look into DIY-ing the vent. I did mine and it was one of the
easiest DIY things I've done to the house.

Scott

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019, 9:22 PM Tim . via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net
wrote:

> We are going to get a new stove this year if it frelling kills me. We are
> switching to gas. The current hood vent does not vent to the outside (and i
> bloody hate it). I will have a professional do the gas line install.
>
> My question is, does anyone know if it is mandatory to have a hood that
> vents to the outside when a gas stove/oven is installed? I am in WI if that
> helps. I want to have one that vents to the outside but that money does not
> exist at this time. Nor do I know anyone that I can trust to cut a hole in
> my kitchen wall.
>
> shop content: the old oven is going into the shop to be used for powder
> coating. It is a pretty decent sized oven for its age.

--000000000000def2ec058068964e

s got to be a local code thing. My house in Illinois had a gas stove and it=
s hood did not vent to the outside. So it&#39;s not a national thing.</div>=
he vent. I did mine and it was one of the easiest DIY things I&#39;ve done =
an 26, 2019, 9:22 PM Tim . via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-talk@au=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pad=
ding-left:1ex">

:rgb(0,0,0)">
We are going to get a new stove this year if it frelling kills me. We are s=
witching to gas. The current hood vent does not vent to the outside (and i =
bloody hate it). I will have a professional do the gas line install.=C2=A0<=
/div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
My question is, does anyone know if it is mandatory to have a hood that ven=
ts to the outside when a gas stove/oven is installed? I am in WI if that he=
lps. I want to have one that vents to the outside but that money does not e=
xist at this time. Nor do I know
 anyone that I can trust to cut a hole in my kitchen wall.=C2=A0</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
shop content: the old oven is going into the shop to be used for powder coa=
ting. It is a pretty decent sized oven for its age.</div></div>

--000000000000def2ec058068964e--

--===============0353561074177265256==

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============0353561074177265256==--