Re: [Shop-talk] Repairing/re-attaching coax line

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Repairing/re-attaching coax line
From: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 14:00:04 -0500
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
The connector should be easily replaced, at least short term. The type-F
compression connector you will need needs to be a waterproof connector. The
coax is probably RG-6 so you will have to get a connector that matches. The
stripping of the wire is usually 1/4â?? of bare center conductor, 1/4â?? of are
white insulation. Getting this far is the easy part.

I assume that the connection needs to be made up on a pole. The wire will need
a strain relief up there. Working up that high isnâ??t especially safe &
Comcast May not be happy either.

Finally, even if the cable on the pole is live you might not get a good/any
signal. The tree falling on the wire probably stretched the wire, affecting the
specifications of the wire. The center conductor may also be broken.

If you feel like giving it a try, go ahead. If it were mine, Iâ??d wait for the
cable folks.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity