Re: [Shop-talk] Lawn sprinkler

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, Robert nogueira <nogera@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Lawn sprinkler
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 14:11:15 -0700
Pat's advice about the wires is right on if the controller isn't next to
the valves.  I had one zone that was initially intermittent due to a bad
wire.  When it failed, I had to dig up wire to two different manifolds
(the far one followed the path of the near one).  The bad install came
as part of the house, but now both those manifolds have 1/2 PCV conduit
protecting the wires.  One run has a LB junction at the end.  The other
has a single gang box for the wire junctions.  Brown wire blends in with
brown dirt, so it is tough to see if you dig.

Brian