Re: [Shop-talk] ford 3.0L v-6 water pump heater hose fitting

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] ford 3.0L v-6 water pump heater hose fitting
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 17:06:31 -0700
>> the question... is there another way to seal this metal fitting
>> permanently instead of the cap that deteriorates ??  something plastic
>> or metal that can stand the heat and vibration and not leak  I?m about
>> ready to drive a wooden plug in it !!!  somebody has got to make
>> something that will work...

I don't know the EXACT configuration of the engine/pump you're talking
about, but you ought to be able to grab that tube with some vise grips,
dump some PB Blaster on it and wiggle it out, then tap the hole for a
3/8NPT or whatever pipe plug.

I've done that on various castings of similar configuration.

John.

utox.team.net