Re: [Shop-talk] Honda car question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Honda car question
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 11:19:39 -0400 07/02/2016 11:19:42, Serialize complete at 07/02/2016 11:19:42
--===============5080986653164774862==

--=_alternative 00574E8F85257FE4_=

OK, let me start by saying, I do NOT know what is causing this.

But that never stopped me from giving an opinion!  8>)

First, I would think of a motor/tranny mount.  They are a pain to check
for since I have seen them 'look' fine when the engine isn't under load.

Next, balancing the tires was a good idea, but a quick check is to rotate
them.  (Fronts to rear, crossing sides.)  Then a quick ride.  Here is my
thinking on this...

When the car is accelerating, weight is lifted off the front tires.  It is
possible that a misbalanced wheel could be exacerbated under these
conditions.

Next is the front wheel alinement.  Same thinking as above, but rotating
tires will not identify this as a problem.  Check the tires for any uneven
wear.

Can you read the codes from the OBDCII?  Do you have a lift?  These are
the next two things I would dig into if I couldn't get anywhere with the
above steps.

Make sure you post the answer once it's found, I know I want to know what
it turns out to be.

If you are near NJ, the Garage M'hal is always open for business for
stoptalkers (and their friends.)

This weekend's project here is getting the new compressor wired and
installed.  (Not a small feat.) So I'm here all weekend.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 00574E8F85257FE4_=

know what is causing this.</font>
an opinion! &nbsp;8&gt;)</font>
mount. &nbsp;They are a pain to check for since I have seen them 'look'
fine when the engine isn't under load.</font>
idea, but a quick check is to rotate them. &nbsp;(Fronts to rear, crossing
sides.) &nbsp;Then a quick ride. &nbsp;Here is my thinking on this...</font>
is lifted off the front tires. &nbsp;It is possible that a misbalanced
wheel could be exacerbated under these conditions.</font>
thinking as above, but rotating tires will not identify this as a problem.
&nbsp;Check the tires for any uneven wear.</font>
&nbsp;Do you have a lift? &nbsp;These are the next two things I would dig
into if I couldn't get anywhere with the above steps.</font>
found, I know I want to know what it turns out to be.</font>
is always open for business for stoptalkers (and their friends.)</font>
This weekend's project here is getting the new compressor wired and installed.
&nbsp;(Not a small feat.) So I'm here all weekend.</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

--===============5080986653164774862==--