[Shop-talk] Mounting a compressor

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Mounting a compressor
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:20:19 -0400 06/03/2016 15:19:57, Serialize complete at 06/03/2016 15:19:57
--===============5340597883725006576==

--=_alternative 006D2AE285257FC7_=

I was just wonder how most people mount their vertical air compressors.

I've always left mine on the pallet it was shipped on and that seem to
work well.

Today they delivered the new monster compressor and it's huge.  The pallet
it's on is much larger then what would be needed.

is it better to mount them on wood for free standing or is it better to
bolt it down?  FWIW, I'm putting it on an asphalt floor (inside.)  But I
can pour concrete if a pad is better.

It just seems to me that having the wood helps absorbed vibrations.

What's the 'correct' answer, and what is best practices?

TIA!!!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 006D2AE285257FC7_=

their vertical air compressors.</font>
it was shipped on and that seem to work well. &nbsp;</font>
compressor and it's huge. &nbsp;The pallet it's on is much larger then
what would be needed.</font>
free standing or is it better to bolt it down? &nbsp;FWIW, I'm putting
it on an asphalt floor (inside.) &nbsp;But I can pour concrete if a pad
is better.</font>
wood helps absorbed vibrations.</font>
is best practices?</font>
TIA!!!</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

--===============5340597883725006576==--