Re: [Shop-talk] Tool review: HF rotary hammer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tool review: HF rotary hammer
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 21:09:07 -0700
On 4/30/2016 10:17 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> Hi.  Just wanted to post a positive review for a tool I got yesterday at
> HF.

I have the older version of this as well.  Clunkier than the Hiltis and
etc. you can rent from Home Depot, the controls are clunkier and it
doesn't FEEL as good.

But...you can OWN it for the price of a day or two RENTAL on one of those.

It blows anchor holes in concrete just about as well.  It chisels, it
drills, it does all the things the expensive ones do.  It might not last
as long in daily contractor use, but if you use it twice a month or so
like I do, it seems like it'll last a very long time.

I just used it this afternoon to break up a sack of concrete I'd left
out in the rain into two weeks of garbage-can-sized chunks.  I wouldn't
have spent $30 to rent something to do that.  I have three more such
sacks to break up in subsequent weeks.

John.