Re: [Shop-talk] Fuel Injector Cleaners

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fuel Injector Cleaners
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 20:41:57 -0400
X_cmae_category: , , a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:117 a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:17 a=L9H7d07YOLsA:10 a=9cW_t1CCXrUA:10 a=s5jvgZ67dGcA:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=B0zG-qo-unlDLHn3R_kA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10
> they suggested that I have the fuel injectors "cleaned".

I agree with the advice to not bother. If the car is sunning well, passes
emissions and is driven regularly there should be no need for such
treatment.

If there is a running issue I advise removing the injectors and sending them
out for service. They can be cleaned in an ultrasonic bath and have solvents
flowed threw them to restore neglected/gummed up injectors. I've used Cruzin
Performance and OK Injectors when I brought some neglected Alfa's back to
life. They test before & after.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC