Re: [Shop-talk] 2006 Ford Focus alarm

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 2006 Ford Focus alarm
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com> BlargAV v1.1 on localhost.scooter.p.blarg.net
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:28:19 -0800
        If you need additional keys, my understanding is that some locksmiths
can
cut new keys and program the car to accept them as well at way less than
the dealer charges.

        As for the fob, you can get a new fob on eBay cheap.  I did a quick
search
for "2006 focus fob".  Select "US only" to exclude the ones from China and
Hong Kong.
        Many are new, but at <$10 I assume they're Chinesium crap sold by US
sellers.  I'd probably select "used" in the hope of finding a genuine Ford
product.

        Programming the car to accept the remote looks easy, no scan tool
required.  Here are instructions, confirmed on multiple sites.

1. Turn the ignition from "Off" to "Run" four times in six seconds. Key
stops in "Run" position on fourth cycle.

2. Turn the ignition to "Off." The car will chime to confirm that you've
done everything correctly so far. Key is still in ignition.

3. Press any key on the first remote you're programming. Perform this
within 20 seconds of Step 2. The car will chime to confirm programming.

4. Repeat Step 3 with each additional remote*, all within the 20 seconds.
Remove key from ignition.

*The remotes should be inside the vehicle during the procedure (eg. all on
front seat.)

Source:
<http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/general-technical-chat/158101-key-fob-programming-how.html>

        The Focus Fanatic Forum has a classified section, probably could find a
genuine part there.
FordParts.com shows a new one for $50 or so.

Todd