Re: [Shop-talk] shipping international

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] shipping international
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 18:17:47 -0800
> Does anyone have any experience using or a recommendation for
> a what was referred to as a "freight forwarder" by a guy in
> Australia to whom I need to ship some parts?

I've used Forward Air and been happy with the results.  But that was within the
US (TX to CA) and they only handle North America;
I'm not sure how to connect with a similar service in OZ.
https://www.forwardair.com/

The folks in TX apparently loaned the seller a pallet, and helped him band the
boxes (of engine parts) to the pallet.  I cut the
bands and left the pallet at the CA terminal.  They offered to fork lift it
into my truck; but since I was driving a station wagon,
I needed to unload the pallet to make it fit.

Strictly terminal to terminal, though, so you'll need to check where the
nearest one is.

Cost was very reasonable, they charged less for the whole pallet than UPS
wanted for each box!  (And UPS would not take the engine
block.)

-- Randall