[Shop-talk] Outlook help?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Outlook help?
From: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 18:58:19 -0800
I need some help with Outlook, specifically Outlook 10 and an Exchange
server.  Shop content- I'm a shop teacher and I use it at school....

I got a new Surface 3 recently.  I got my school email to come up fine
both on Outlook 365 (web based) and via the Mail app on Windows 10.  My
credentials went right through and the mail comes down from the
District's Exchange server just fine.  They will both do in a pinch, but
they are not ideal for any kind of heavy duty email use.

I installed Outlook 10 on the machine from DVDs (this is the full meal
deal Outlook, not the web version) and all of the applications work,
including Outlook.  I got my home POP 3 email account working just
fine.  The problem is getting the district's Exchange server to work.  I
can set up the account without any trouble; it goes through the entire
New Account process, accepts my user name and password and seems to have
the account all set up.  When you close the New Account dialog box and
log in for the first time you get an authentication box where you have
to enter your user name and password yet again, and this is where the
system is hanging up.  It just keeps asking for my user name and
password over and over, and never logs in.  We even changed my password
and it's still doing the same thing.  The District IT guy is just as
stumped as I am; we spent nearly an hour trying to get it to work
yesterday.

If anyone is an Outlook Ninja and has any suggestions, I would love to
hear them.