Re: [Shop-talk] Gluing an awkward shape

To: Jim Stone <1789alpine@gmail.com>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gluing an awkward shape
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 14:53:37 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I second the painter's tape for the neck.  Apply glue and push it together.
Wipe off any squeeze out then apply the tape to the neck.  If the joint is
rough enough that it doesn't slip, you may be able to put a thin rubber band
or two hooked around a leg over the head.  Test it first of course to make
sure it is stable.  If the body is heavy enough, the body to the base might
only need gravity.  I would probably do each part by itself and let the joint
dry.  It sounds like this is just decorative, so you don't need the structural
strength of a table or chair.

Brian