Re: [Shop-talk] Wiring for DSL

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wiring for DSL
From: Gordie Bird <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:26:18 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Thread-index: apl7Yb4sdlDowkyK7WwG2GHK57Zfgg== s=q20140121; t=1441146378; bh=yHV1/bah9+jlmBVj6ATFLM7nTdUXj7b6CDk+VEKR9pE=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=UjI2CBXIMqfSNi/cnKnbO2n/lV5fhPlpbjI83Q6Q4vQdCgwTo82d2yVCNcl7PdtPm OnX2DurpZuqfVPBfT+R0IIeSho1RzZo//Kay0u5rQQNOyB/o/Q5kssrreXAyA57hMJ odpTnKGbAr+vx+8AEax0nlODnab6ABRkefh9DN8NWxFP1+VoOYyd9xT7FNSJk+KNwx oicIOLCRdtJD6buqZ5Dd8rq8IAAuuFzYowQceyrsTJvHpo5Tg6wacZVeypjYJLuFcC +n2I23C+EQXnX2Kxk0RnRRQxlar4fAQZc9nGyuDqzTh5nDl25IiU98gE5+aKyfcq0L SlsRR/tnSjLUg==
I did this exact thing, hardwired (cat 5e or 6) from cable wifi modem (in
basement) to router on second floor. Use router for wifi. My cable modem was
smart enough that it recognized the second router and allowed it control of the
IP addresses in the network. Surprised me and the tech support guy I was
talking too.